In today`s world, everyone needs to be beautiful. No matters whether she is a girl or a boy, fresh glowing skin is what everyone is trying for. But no one has time to give to their skincare routine or facial. That’s why m gonna give you detailed knowledge about How to do facial at home.
Facial at home! This is something we all want. I don`t have time to waste in a salon or spa. You are also suffering from the same condition. But looking young and beautiful is crucial.
Instead of booking and visiting salon I manage time at my home for my daily and weekly skincare routine as well as Facial. This is way better than spending hours in the salon. You can also check my skin care routine here.
Facial Step by step instructions
- Remove makeup
- Wash your hands
- Clean your face using cleansing milk
- Exfoliate your skin
- Remove blackhead or whiteheads
- Apply massage cream
- Apply Face mask
- post facial Cream/gel or apply your moisturizer
Here are some of the best facial kits available online on Amazon.
Home facial kits:
- Omorovicza Gold facial set (one of the best facial kits) Check price here
- Cell-U-rite naturals ultimate facial skincare pack check here
- Hale Cosmocuticles Facial in a bag full size at best price here
- GlamGlow Glamtastic facial set Click for the price
- O3+ 5 in 1 seaweed facial kit for any all skin type price here
Wipe face with the wet towel
You can Visit your nearby market and grab on wet face napkins of your choice. It gives a really refreshing and soothing feel. Now there is a huge variety presented in the market outside. Rose, Lavender, Orange, Aloe Vera, Jasmine, and many more.
It is not important to buy a wet readymade wipe from the market. The main thing is to clean your face and hands before starting the process of facial.
You just use a wet clean towel to wipe off your face. Remove your makeup like Lipstick from your lips and eyeshades from eyelids. Wipe off nicely and completely.
Clean your hands before facial
Cleaning your hand before starting facial is also an important step. IT is as important as cleaning your face. Sanitize your hands with sanitizer
If will recommend you to wear hand gloves before starting. Sanitization is necessary even if you are wearing hand gloves. You can use any hand sanitizer available in the market.
Or just clean your hands using Hand wash.
Start facial with Cleansing Milk
You can use any cleansing Milk or Cleansing cream. I prefer the one from the brand of which you are doing facial. The process is really simple. I generally take a little cleansing cream on my palm. And start applying to my face and neck. Massage gently for 3-5minutes. It will remove oil and dirt from the upper layer of the skin.
Cleansing your skin using Cleansing Milk helps the skin to be prepared for the further cleansing process. This step will make your skin smoother and soft and helps to open closed skin pores.
After massaging just wipe off your skin with wet wipes. Or use any wet towels to remove the product from your skin.
Now it`s time to remove all dead skin and stubborn dirt. Scrubbing is really an important step. After removing the dirt and oil from the upper layer of your skin this process will cleanse the dead old skin and pores as well.
Just apply on damp skin and massage gently. Do not rub vigorously, it may hurt and damage your skin. You should be extra gentle if your skin is dry and thin, and you are using walnut/apricot scrub.
Just keep in mind you have to do all these steps smoothly and gently. Doing is hurry and harshly is going to be harmful to your skin instead of being fruitful.
Face steaming is an optional step. But if you have highly pigmented and oily skin then this is going to help you to get rid of that. You can buy any face steamer online where you can get it at the best price or grab it from your nearby market.
If you don`t have a steamer or you are unable to buy one there here is a simple thing you can do. You can do this in three different ways choose according to your convenience-
- Just boil water in your kettle. Place near your face to steam your face and neck area.
- Boil water and place your face over the hot water. Drape your towel over head and let it cover you along with the hot water pot. Place your face close enough to feel the warmer touch of the steam. But don`t get too close.
- Boil water in a bowl. Water should not be too hot. Check before application. Dip a towel in it and then rinse excess water. Cover your face and area near your neck. You have to repeat this process after your towel cools down.
You can steam your face for 5-10 minutes. Do not stretch the steaming time for more than 10 minutes. You can also add some essential oil to the water like chamomile, mint, tea tree oil, or any other oil. You can add rose petals also.
Using any blackhead extractor, remove blackheads. Remove from the area near your nose and chin which are more prone to the black and whiteheads. This process is best can be done after steaming. Steaming opens the pores and makes your skin smoother. After steaming your face extracting black head and white head becomes easy.
Massage gel or Massage Cream
If your facial kit contains massage gel or cream then you can do this stem. Or just move forward. Take a bit of massage gel on your pam. Apply on your face and neck. Then start to massage face gently. Keep massaging your face until the cream gets absorbed into your skin. Massage in circular motion correctly. This is really important to stimulate blood flow into your skin.
I personally love to apply Peel off the mask after facial. But be careful if your skin in dry thin and lifeless. You should use face pack instead of peel off mask. Although it is not defined anywhere that peel off face masks cannot be applied on dry skin type.
After all the process your skin is already clean. These processes remove natural oils from the skin. That’s why try to avoid if your skin is highly dry. You can apply a face pack.
As my skin is highly oily using peel off face mask after all the steps remove even more unwanted skin oil. And clear skin pores and makes it look a bit less greasy.
- If you are applying face mask – apply a thick layer and let it dry completely before peeling off.
- If you are applying face mask- apply an even layer and leave it to dry. It is not necessary to let it dry completely. You can remove it after 12-15 minutes. Do not leave it for more than 20 minutes.
Post-facial Moisturizing Gel or Cream
Why Use Moisturizer?
This is a very common question. Especially people with oily skin type wonder why to use moisturizing gel or cream.
But let me clear one important thing about your skin. After steaming, applying warm water and face mask/packs, your skin loses its natural oils.
Steps involved in the Facial strips out the natural moisture and oils from the skin. If we will not moisturize, it will soon become dry and life. Premature signs of aging may also occur.
How often should we do facial?
It depends on what type of product you are using. Facial basically involves Cleansing, exfoliation, steaming, massaging, Face mask/face pack and moisturizing.
You can do all these things using natural ingredients like papaya pulp, Aloe Vera gel, White Clay or sugar tomato scrub. And if you are doing this, you can so facial once in a week or 2 weeks. But the effects of this does not last for as long as chemical products.
If you are using chemical products like any facial kit available on the market. You can do this once in a month or at least after 15 days of the previous application. If you are taking salon professional facial then you can do it once in a month or two.
Is Facial Necessary?
No! Absolutely not. Its solely depends on your choice. Whether you want to do facial or not. Or you can just do massage or anything natural instead. Cleaning is very important to keep your skin healthy and glowing, and facial helps you achieving glowing beautiful skin.
It rejuvenates your skin and periodically facial give your skin a beautiful younger looking skin. Helps to remove blemishes and all dead skin cells. You can also do facial occasionally if you want.
Is Facial good or Bad for the face?
Facial has both advantages and disadvantages coz everything comes with pros and cons. The main thing is to do it correctly and properly. You should follow all the steps and avoid frequent repetition.
- Rejuvenate skin.
- Brings Glow.
- Removes tan and blemishes.
- Makes your skin look younger.
- Reduce the impact of the sun, over smoking, intake of alcohol and other environmental factors.
- Removes signs of skin aging.
- Reduce acne and pigmentation.
Disadvantages of facial
- Too much facial may result in sensitive skin.
- Skin breakouts are noticed in some skin after this process. Take proper care of hygiene before starting.
- The upper layer of the skin can be damaged while cleaning pores or black/whiteheads from the skin.
- Doing chemical facial more often may result in skin aging.
- Wrinkles and skin dryness are the common problems caused due to over exfoliating sensitive skin.
Face Massage techniques
- Let`s start with warming up your facial skin. Run your fingers on your face like they are sprinting. Using your fist, press your skin very gently. Run your both fist on either side of your face. Do this quickly but very gently.
- Take a few drops of essential oils or any moisturizer you want.
- Now make zig zag on your skin using one finger of both hands. Starting from four head and ending on jawlines to the neck area.
- Using 2 of your fingers gently press the temple of your head by stretching your forehead skin.
- Now gently pinch your Eyebrows couples of times.
- After that press, the center of your forehead while going in a circular motion.
- You can also press below your ears and go over it in a circular motion.
- Move your fingers around your under eyes in a U motion. Do this gently without putting pressure.
- At any point, if you feel like your skin is getting dragged, just add more moisturizer.
- Now stroke your hands on your cheeks in an upward motion. Never do this from upside down. The right way is to gently stroke your cheeks upward.
- This will stimulate blood flow and makes your cheeks look younger and pink. Do this from the center to the ends of the cheek`s bone.
- Now pinch your nose as you do with your eyebrows. Pinch from the tips of the nose and all the way to the center of the forehead.
- Coming to the chin and neck area. Push your lower chin towards your neck.
- At last massage your face from the center to the end of the cheekbone.
Face Massage Benefits
- Facial massages actually make your facial muscles active.
- Stimulate blood flow in the skin.
- Helps in slimming and toning of the skin
- Gives an instant glow on the face.
- Makes skin look younger and beautiful.
- Relief all stress and headache.
- Gives you refreshment.
- Improves elasticity of the skin.
- Slow down skin aging.
- Removes dark circles and fight puffy eyes.
- Increases Collagen production in the skin.
- Regular massaging facial skin will help detoxify your skin.
Do`s and Don’ts after facial
- Avoid immediate sun exposure after the facial process.
- Give your skin a break from heavy makeup.
- Let it rest and breathe in the fresh air
- Avoid going out in a polluted environment
- I will recommend you to take Luke warm water bath but avoid washing face with hot or too cold water immediately after facial.
- Drink warm lemon water or stress buster green tea.
- Taking a deeply soothing and relaxing nap.
- Avoid going to a party or heavy crowded area.
What does facial do for you? Facial removes spots, blemishes, blackheads and wrinkles from my skin and gives it a natural glow. Facial should be included in your monthly skincare routine. As facial improve complexion, skin condition and removes the signs of aging.
How many times we should do facial? You should do facial at least once a month but not more than twice a month. There must be a gap of at least 15 days between two applications. Avoid frequent applications, it may result in skin damage and premature aging.
Can I apply moisturizer after facial? yes, you can. Moisturizer is the very last step of facial, you can also apply some of the essential oil. Make sure you are not using any chemical or concentrated thing on your skin just after application. If you are applying essential oil for moisturization make sure to dilute for first application just after facial.
should I wash my face after facial? After complete facial, washing is not required. You can use normal or cold water for face wash if needed. Do not apply face wash, scrub or any soap to the skin for at least 3-4 hrs after facial.
If it ok to put makeup after facial? No, make after facial is a big no. As after facial, the pores get cleaned and your skin needs to rest for 6-8 hrs for the best result. Let it breadth and do not apply makeup, it may react with your skin and result in skin damage.
If there is any query, suggestion or anything you want to share with me, just write it down here in the comment section. Or you can simply drop an email.
Stay Connected & Stay healthy-“Because you are beautiful”.